Pure Reason Revolution - The Intention Craft CD (album) cover

Pure Reason Revolution

2 stars Pure Reason Revolution - 'The Intention Craft' 2.5 stars

The EP came out one year prior to the bands' debut album 'The Dark Third'. It is made of three songs and one video. One of the songs and video are synonymous to the title of the EP and a great song at that. The other song I hold in high regard is 'Asleep under the Eiderdown' which along with 'The Intention Craft' makes it onto the debut. Ironically enough the song 'Sound of Free', which in my opinion is an ok song does not make it onto the album. The song to me just does not fit the bands profile. It is raw and heavy as opposed to the highly produced, light and catchy side of the band.

Since there are only 3 short songs and one video I can't rate this too high. Given that one of the songs isn't even that great just makes this a collector item. An added half star because this is pretty good music for just a collector item.

ProgBagel | 2/5 |