Yes - Time and a Word CD (album) cover

TIME AND A WORD

Mellotron Storm
2 stars The highlights for me on this album are Kaye's organ work and Squire's bass playing. The orchestration really detracts from me enjoying this recording. It's pretty amazing as well how much better their next record "The Yes Album" is over this one.

As i went from song to song I found myself repeating the same things over and over like great bass lines and killer organ runs, while bringing up the orchestral parts in a negative way. So i'm not going to do that for each track. The most memorable song for me is probably the title track if only for the chorus, but by far my favourite sections involve the bass and organ.

2.5 stars.