Osada Vida - Three Seats Behind A Triangle CD (album) cover

THREE SEATS BEHIND A TRIANGLE

Osada Vida

Menswear
5 stars Wow.

When I listenend to it in the shop, I immediately said:'Wow, it's almost Riverside with better keyboards!' I never heard of the band before, coming from cold cold Poland.

When I hear Poland I think about mainly 2 superstars: Riverside and Satellite. Does Osada Vida inspires itself from those two? If it shares some song patterns with Riverside, it does not apply for Satellite. Although this album is a shrewd blend of medium metal and softer moments. Rarely I listened to such a successful mix of metal and lighter rock, both balancing almost perfectly like a well regulated pendulum. Wow again.

I read somewhere that the vocals were disappointing; I say it depends on what you focus on. To give you an image: do you remember a song by Opus called 'Life is Life' ? Probably, if you're over 30. The vocals sounded like they were recorded from the end of a gymnasium. Well, there's a LOT of reverb and muffling in the singer's voice, sometimes eclipsing totally what the guy's saying. Strange, but not impossible to live with; it's always blowing me away when a band has everything right in a section, and everything wrong in the next!

Since the album is 80% instrumental, focus on the incredibly good passages of Gilmouresque guitar solos and mind-blowing keyboard palette.

I won't have to snatch off a star for the screaming-at-the-end-of-a-gymnasium vocals, simply because it does not bother me much than Roger Waters in the Wall.

Metal with absolute finesse and 100% growling free!

Menswear | 5/5 |