Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight  CD (album) cover

Vanden Plas

3 stars It's not necessary to extend any comment about this work, because in my own words "Beyond Daylight" is some steps below in relation to Vanden Plas' previous albums; however, there are catchy and special moments inside the record that can give certain help, saving this review from an unfortunate final score.

Basically, this album is nearer to a melodic metal style and far from rhythm's changes and progressive vision from other times. Nevertheless, the magic appears (only for some passages) and leave to the album free from mediocrity, even I have the sensation that they could make a better work on this opportunity.

Undoubtedly the good melodies are still there, almost nothing has changed in their way to make music but "Beyond Daylight" has disappointed me a little.

Some tracks to take in mind: Scarlet flower fields, Free the fire, Can you hear me, Phoenix.

Final score: 6.5/10.