King Crimson - THRaKaTTaK CD (album) cover

THRAKATTAK

King Crimson

Slartibartfast
2 stars This night wounds time? How about this album wounds ears?

I was browsing through the used store one day and ran across this one in the recently arrived bin and thought to myself, "Ooh, better get this one before someone else does." What can I say? If you can make it through this one you will likely feel your ears have been assaulted, so the album is aptly named.

I can't be too harsh a critic of Thrakattak, given that it is a bunch of separate improvs thrown together into one album. But I think it shows that crimprov is a creature that is best kept in it's natural habitat, er context. This certainly one primarily of interest to hard core Crimson fans. I keep it for it's novelty value.

Slartibartfast | 2/5 |