Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

IMAGES AND WORDS

Dream Theater

4.29 | 2089 ratings

crimson87
5 stars Well I am not a prog metal fan, and to be honest I don't consider this album progressive or original enough.So to be fair I am going to review it as a metal record.

There is some influence from pink floyd , and some genesis sounding in keyboardist Kevin Moore, you can tell by his playing which is not as bombastic as Ruddess's but it blends well with the other mucisians.Secondly i have to state that this is the kind of album that you can put in order to show off your new home theater , the record has an amazing sound (specially the drums).Also LaBrie's voice was at it's finest at the time.

This is a fairly enjoyable album once you get used to all the cheese , and it's also the most accesible one however I can't concider it as a masterpiece because I can't find the originalty.

crimson87 | 5/5 |