5uu's - Hunger's Teeth CD (album) cover

2 stars Well, I am not really a RIO fan, so just because I don't particularly like this album doesn't mean that other people might not like it. This band was recommended to me by a friend that had previously told me to check out Egg and Finch (two excellent bands by the way) so I thought I would give the 5uu's a try. This is a definite mixed bag of an album. We get off-tune lyrics interspersed with more traditional lyrics that sound like Jon Anderson at times interspersed with excellent musical hooks of different sorts interspersed with craziness. I guess there is just not enough structure here for my tastes.
digdug | 2/5 |