Alitheia - Chthonick CD (album) cover

CHTHONICK

Alitheia

Slartibartfast
3 stars "A complex ebb-and-flow of uncompromising experimentation blends atmospheric dreamscapes with eruptive onslaught and rounds it all out with thought-provoking prose, resulting in an emotive and penetrating progressive rock sound." was the blurb that got me interested in trying out these guys without giving a listen first. A lot of that bears out and I'd have a hard time saying it better.

I wasn't expecting something so metal from that blurb. Not being a big fan of metal in prog, probably due to liking other things and a lack of too much exploration there, I've still given it a good hearing. I've been more impressed with other progressive releases in 2008, still these guys are an excellent band musically with many elements to appeal to the fellow prog fans who aren't all that metally inclined. On the fence about this album.

Slartibartfast | 3/5 |