Focus - In And Out Of Focus CD (album) cover

IN AND OUT OF FOCUS

Focus

friso
4 stars When I heard song like Why dream I was totally in love! I even wished Focus had done more song like this on later albums! It's an emotional feeling I get, intense satisfaction while listening to the songs on this album. OK, the vocals may not be that good, but the songs are fantastic. And besides, prog doesn't always need very good vocals in my opinion.

Besides this. It's the first album of focus, and a great start! It already has everything: interesting moods, great melodies and ofcourse the unhumanly good guitarplaying by Jan Akkerman. He might just be the best Dutch guitarplayer in history.

I also like the way this album was recorded. It sounds very 'real' to me. Like they are actually playing in your room. It sounds a bit old, but that's just the vibe I tend to like on old progrecords. So a perfect production for the time being, though I have to mention this record should be consumed on vinyl. Then only the true meaning of the artist can be understood, because they recorded it for lp, not for cd.

Important record for the band, great songs, great musicians. Four stars!

friso | 4/5 |