Focus - Moving Waves  CD (album) cover

MOVING WAVES

Focus

digdug
5 stars 4.5 stars really.

'Hocus Pocus' is of course one of the most original songs there are in all of prog rock. Who could have imagined there would ever be a song with kick-ass yodeling in it? Definitely one of my favourite songs of all time. The next few shorter tracks making up the rest of side 1 on the old vinyl are all mellow but very nicely done.

'Eruption' is a long a winding tune that has a few great moments mixed in.

I really enjoy the keyboard/organ work throughout this album.

There are no points where I dislike the music. And, there are so many points where it is truly excellent, I cannot resist giving this one the masterpiece label.

digdug | 5/5 |