Frank Zappa - Freak Out! CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

3 stars 2.5 stars really.

RIO is normally not my thing. But, a lot of people were saying that Zappa was really a great example of Jazz Rock fusion, so I thought I would check him out. This particular album is definitely not Jazz Rock fusion! I am not sure what it is.... There are some politically angry songs here and some funny songs. So, it's not a total waste. But, this is not really prog at all in my books. I guess it's weird 60's rock n roll. Definitely not on my A list, but I don't really dislike it so I am wavering between 2 and 3 stars. Will give it the benefit of the doubt, because it must have been a shock to the average rock listener in the 60's so in that way it is progressive.

digdug | 3/5 |