Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

Your Lame Sister
2 stars Bah. I don't like yes. I don't like Wakemen's cheezy keyboards. I don't like Bruford's drumming (I love his work for other bands, but with yes he was pretty sissy-ish). I don't like Howe's dry guitar tone and I HATE Anderson's inhuman voice; which is pretty unfortunate, for the band really is pretty talent, and can write good melodies and complex arrangements.

As for the album, well... I like certain parts of it. I like the way it begins with this dissonant guitar solo and freakish keyboards, and I really love the way it suddenly changes into a beautiful, melodic guitar solo. I also love the Acoustic guitar that opens the second song, and the keyboard-dominated climaxes on it (although they are kinda cliched).

Unfortunately, that's pretty much it. Bah.

Your Lame Sister | 2/5 |