Robert Wyatt - The End Of An Ear CD (album) cover

Robert Wyatt

Canterbury Scene

peskypesky
2 stars 2.5 stars

I love Robert Wyatt to death, but I can't see very many people (even here at PA) really liking this album. It's experimental, free-form, weird and off-the-wall...but it's also discordant, noisy, and half-baked. Whatever his reasons, Wyatt wanted to show everyone he was willing to go out there, leaving rock, pop and jazz behind. I suppose this could be categorized as free-jazz, but to my mind it's not really all that jazzy...it's more like avant-garde improv....sound experimentation.

Personally, I'm willing to listen to this kind of music, to at least give it a chance, and for those of you who like the weird stuff, this might be a 4-star album. But for most people, I can't see this having a lot of appeal.

peskypesky | 2/5 |