Tasavallan Presidentti - Tasavallan Presidentti II CD (album) cover

Tasavallan Presidentti

3 stars This is really an aristic band and not a jazz rock one exactly...Blending mostly jazz with rock and symphonic elements we have a very interesting result that only as art rock can be defined...Of course the main influences of the band comes from jazz and that fact can be noticed to most of the tracks as to the great ''Introduction'', a unique piece of music, an excellent blend of rock with trompet and sax omprovisations,you've got to listen to this...But there are also some symphonic-like tracks as ''I love you Teddy bear'' and ''I'm going home once again'', very close to the 70's-era FOCUS (although this disc was released before FOCUS' great albums)...But there are also some a couple of weak tracks (''Struggling for freedom'' for example) where the style of music goes the eclectic away but doesn't reach the high standards of the other tracks...

My opinion is that TASAVALLAN PRESIDENTI were trully a groundbreaking band with a unique jazzy/rock sound and if there weren't the weak tracks we could talk about almost a masterpiece of prog music...Now the fair rating for me is 3.5 stars and I recommend you to enjoy this original Finish act...

apps79 | 3/5 |