Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff CD (album) cover

Van Der Graaf Generator

5 stars 4.7 stars, rounding for 5!

Something interesting attracts me in Van der Graaf Generator. In spite of many fans of the Progressive consider their music '' indigestible '' musically, I particularly disagree. I really believe that it is, yes, difficult to undergo digestion, however, once assimilated the message and the general melody, it is very easy to notice and to observe the beauty and importance of this wonderful English band.

They were responsible for composing several wonderful and magic albums as this (''Godblufff'') and other also very good like ''Pawn Hearts'' and ''Still Life''. In this in analysis, my prominences are going to the magnificent '' Scorched Earth '' and the phenomenal '' The Sleepwalkers '' (my personally favorite). In the first, what really contaminates is the rhythm of the saxophone added to Peter Hammil's impressive and tireless fabled voice. There is a moment in that music (as well as in most of the others from the band) that I particularly call Apex, in that the band enjoys, for some seconds or minutes, of the maximum in income and musical beauty.Apex this that is quite visible in the second highlight ('' The Sleepwalkers ''), when it begins with a melodic rhythm led by the saxophone and finishes with a fabulous package of vocal energy (will it be that Peter Hammil doesn't tire?).

Finally, a magnificent album. It would recommend it to anybody that is considered a fan and/or studious of the Progressive. But remember: it can take some time for the people that never heard VDGG accustom to their sound. Besides, have fun!

ProgPeter! | 5/5 |