The Flower Kings - The Rainmaker CD (album) cover

THE RAINMAKER

The Flower Kings

Bathory
4 stars My first introduction to The Flower Kings wasn't long ago, in fact it came at the beginning of this year when I bought 5 of their albums at once, without hearing a single note... I love The Tangent and just had to hear what The Flower Kings sounds like.

At first I didn't like them all that much. I didn't think their music was bad, well not at all, but I also didn't think of their music as being great and I just couldn't get into it.

I listened to all 5 of those albums as often as I could and at first The Rainmaker was the one that I liked the least. Thing is, I bought a shitload of Prog during the first few month of this year, almost 60 CD's in total, and I suppose there just wasn't and isn't enough hours in a day to have processed and really appreciate all those wonderful albums at once. But as time went by and I could spend a significant amount of time on each of them and I learned and started to really appreciate The Flower Kings.

They are amazing musicians who write extraordinary songs. The Rainmaker is a great album. It is packed to the brim with quality music and is perfectly produced to fill your room and ears with it's huge sounding and beautiful melodies. Lovely stuff.

I highly recommend this album and if on the first couple of spins it doesn't seem like your cup of tea, I urge the listener to give it some time. It will grow on you and you will love it.

Bathory | 4/5 |