Caligula's Horse - In Contact CD (album) cover

IN CONTACT

Caligula's Horse

javajeff
4 stars When I first heard this album, I was disappointed. Bloom was amazing, and In Contact was a complete departure in sound from the first three offerings. The first thing I noticed with In Contact was a heavier DJent feel over the straight progressive metal of the previous albums. While it doesn't border on extreme, it requires the listener to be open to something new. I was not prepared, and it requires repeated listens. In Contact is another solid album, and I hope to put in more spins to fully appreciate these differences. I would still recommend Bloom as a starting point, but I would recommend In Contact for fans of Periphery or Tesseract.
javajeff | 4/5 |