Le Orme - Felona E Sorona CD (album) cover

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

The Prognaut
5 stars I definitely can't care less about thinking over how many stars I'm supposed to give to this album and without hesitating, not once, I came up with the whole five stars. It's not about being relentless about my opinion, it's just that I just couldn't leave out a single detail from this masterful album.

The first album I ever got from LE ORME was "Florian" and then "Ad Gloriam" came to my hands; "Felona E Sorona" is completely different from that psychedelic yet absurd style LE ORME seized upon to get known in the prog world. This album mustn't be compared to some other pieces from this band or other Italian prog bands whatsoever, I think this recording is a medullar point to compare most of the bands who encouraged themselves to play symphonic prog rock.

"Attesa Inerte" is a gem within another, so moody and powerful, provocative and enticing. I usually end up my reviews recommending those bands appealed to the one I'm reviewing at the time, but for the first time I won't. LE ORME's work cannot be compared to anything, many of you will say maybe close to BMS or PFM, but I'll totally disagree. "Felona E Sorona" is outstanding, incredible, a must in any italo prog rock fan collection.

The Prognaut | 5/5 |