Le Orme - Felona E Sorona CD (album) cover

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
3 stars I fear for my life just being the first to give a three star to this album but I don't understand why everyone points to this album as Le Orme's ultimate and best work. It seems (I don't know their discography and history well ) that this is their sole album where they are down to a trio (Kb trio). And unfortunately for me, I am not a great fan of Kb trio (ELP, Triumvirat , Egg , Refugee , Nice etc...) so this is the reason for that rating. What I heard on this album is ELP-ish and requires too much my forced intellectual involvment (some more complicated and destructured music require less effort in listening for this weird guy) and actually this album slides-by without my noticing it if I let my attention slip away, si I decided to try one more album - but not as a trio - before making a decision whether to like this band or not. Progressive , this album is certainly and it is also full of virtuosity but is that last one used advicely?
Sean Trane | 3/5 |