Le Orme - Amico Di Ieri  CD (album) cover

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

1 stars I should say in advance that actually I like this Italian band very much, especially their albums from 71-75, but as well their last two. This compilation contains tracks from their albums "Collage", "Uomo di pezza" (three each), two of "Smogmagica" and one each from "Contrappunti" and "Veritŗ nascoste" plus the cheesy love song "Canzone d'amore". All songs recorded new with modern equipment. Actually a fine idea, if the result would sound better. But compared to what we're hearing here, I have to say I prefer much more to listen to the original recordings. Keyboards that are sounding cheesy and worse than Neoprog-ish and drums that are drowning the rest of the music. In fact I even would not recommend this album to die-hard fans, it's not only non- essential, it's superfluous!
hdfisch | 1/5 |