Guapo - Elixirs CD (album) cover

ELIXIRS

Guapo

RIO/Avant-Prog

Prog-jester
4 stars I rarely check Avant releases and barely care for the whole genre, but when I need something dark and weird, I usually look for recommendations in Avant Thread here on PA. I was familiar with GUAPO music, I didn't like it that much, to be fairly honest, but when I' ve chanced to get Neurot Records' 'Elixirs', I hesitated for just few seconds, maybe, even less.

OK, now I may claim that 'Elixirs' is amazing, it's my Top-10 2008 release for sure, fresh and quirky, dark but not sinister, complex but sincere, mellow and melancholic, almost in...yes, let me say this, in POST-ROCK vein. This is what most GUAPO fans may not like, but this is what makes this record so appealing to my horrifying taste :). One of the key CDs to define Prog in 2008, balanced and captivating, almost-a-masterpiece, dare I say - highly recommended!

Prog-jester | 4/5 |