Kamelot - Siege Perilous CD (album) cover

3 stars I like to see Siege as a very good album. It's almost 4 stars, but actually it has some bad efforts. The style has changed, it can be a different band. One of the best is the instrumental Siege, with some classical quotes, as I realized. The first guitar line is from Mendelssohn's Scottish Symphony. King's Eyes, Where I Reign and Rhydin are among the best, because of the variety, and there are piano melodies in the instrumental breaks. The slow, lyrical part of Kings Eyes is almost like Nights of Arabia. So, it's the forerunner of Fourth Legacy. There are parts that are too poppy and these are Parting Visions, Once a Dream and Irea, though the latter has a good middle part. I like the strings intro of Providence, and the rolling Millenium, though the vocals are not as good. Fourth Legacy had a great success but this is just as good, except the sound and there are less orchestral arrangements. But a good start for the new band.
klvin | 3/5 |