Mindflowers - Improgressive CD (album) cover

4 stars For me MINDFLOWERS is to LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT exactly what THE WATCH or CITIZEN CAIN are to GENESIS...if you understand what I mean...of course that isn't necessarilly bad...there are good and bad imitators...and MINDFLOWERS is much better than a good imitator of LTE...The musicianship is just excellent with the compositions dropping from jazzy heavy sounding riffing to mellow melodic passages and backwards...This is an album full of changing moods and rhythms and it is rather impossible that you get even slightly bored...The influence of LTE is obvious in every song but in the more mellow moments you can taste a flavor of MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA or WEATHER REPORT...of course a little originality wouldn't hurt and I expect to listen to it in their next effort...For the moment a solid 4 star rating and I highly recommend MINDFLOWERS to all true fans of progressive instrumental masterpieces!...
apps79 | 4/5 |