The Black Noodle Project - Eleonore CD (album) cover

ELEONORE

The Black Noodle Project

Psychedelic/Space Rock

wobbly
4 stars I've listened to this one a couple of times now, so i think I'm ready to pass an opinion. Being an un-reconstructed Floydie, I was originally drawn to the Project by that element in their material and delivery. The content is much the same again here, but I detect a change in their style in this latest release, which seems to have a much heavier emphasis - I am reminded of the change in Porcupine Tree after their link-up with Opeth. So yes, you can still detect their Floydian roots but a switch into the direction of PT around the In Absentia timeframe.

As for a rating, essential it's clearly not - no new ground broken here - and much then depends on what you think of the previous albums. For me it's a 4, but I wouldn't fight anyone who said 3.

wobbly | 4/5 |