Universal Totem Orchestra - The Magus CD (album) cover

THE MAGUS

Universal Totem Orchestra

Zeuhl

Warholizer
3 stars I actually liked UTO's first work more, because in this release they have lost some of their weirdness; wait, it's still a very good album, but maybe it is a bit less naive than the previous.

although this could be seen as an evolution, a maturation, when listening to The Magus I miss some of the abrupt changes you had in Rituale Alieno; it more suits the symphonic progressive genre rather than Zeuhl.

Anyway, this record is slowly growing in me and I feel like it will hopefully be the first of a serie of new, more standard albums by UTO.

I honestly had no hope for a second release by UTO anymore, since the first was really corageous, and UTO was a side project, after all, so listening to a new one by them was a very good surprise.

Warholizer | 3/5 |