Annexus Quam - Osmose CD (album) cover

OSMOSE

Annexus Quam

Krautrock

Buze
2 stars I do not know a lot about this group. But as I see there's only two albums to their credit, I must conclude their career did not went well... This is pretty much the same in this album. We find 4 songs, 2 short and two very long songs, a standard for 1970. It seems to be improvisation all the way, with space textures, bizarre voices, and a lot of exploration. Another standard for 1970. The overall sound feels like sitting in a basement, with friends and beer, recording a live band, at the age of 17. Remembered me some souvenirs !

This music is not bad, but if you never listened to music while smoking fresh herbs, you will be kind of lost. ;) And yes, it was another standard for the early 70's. But seriously, the music is so out of space, you don't know where you're going. There is not really a melody, only loops and the sounds of life on a foreign planet. With 7 musicians making sounds as they feel it, this sounds like a melting pot.

But suprisingly, we reach the end of the album without pain, and the 18 minutes song pass like a fresh summer breeze.... in a space shuttle. :)

If you want to discover some music, go ahead, you'll have a good time.

Buze | 2/5 |