Group 87 - Group 87 CD (album) cover

GROUP 87

Group 87

tmay102436
4 stars For me, this is one of those albums that you play on a rainy Sunday afternoon, cup of tea, sit and listen...and I mean really listen. As you are listening to master musicians creating music, not exploiting their chops just to be cool.

I loved this album when I first heard it, and am listening to it now in Sept of 2008 - It stills has the same calming, enlightening effect on me. As we all know, all of these muso's have done a lot since this time, but to me, this sort of launched their individual careers with a piece of solid, yet transparent beauty that doesn't come along often enough.

The harmonic structure, blended with just fantastic musicianship makes this a have to have in the prog/jazz/rock genre.

Thanks for listening, and thanks to all who LISTEN to Progressive rock!

Tom