Radiohead - In Rainbows  CD (album) cover

IN RAINBOWS

Radiohead

mystic fred
2 stars Without being accused of being a Philistine, or just somebody who likes good songs, I just don't geddit - to me Radiohead were a very promising band who, up to "Kid A", an experimental masterpiece, could have been legendary, but from "Amnesiac" the band seem to have embarked on a teenage angst-fuelled downward spiral into depression.

"In Rainbows" is not a happy album, it's not supposed to be, i felt quite depressed listening to it - something magical has gone from Radiohead's songwriting, i found "Amnesiac" and "Hail to the Thief" very much the same, not that an album actually has to be happy - there are plenty of albums that are dark, even sinister, without being depressing - look at "Machine Head" or "DSOTM". Radiohead freaks seem to love this gloomy album but it left me with a black cloud following me around for a bit.... and in search of a good song.

mystic fred | 2/5 |