Miller, Sinclair, Tomkins Gowen - Before A Word Is Said  CD (album) cover

BEFORE A WORD IS SAID

Miller, Sinclair, Tomkins Gowen

Canterbury Scene

tmay102436
4 stars The listening of this album always leaves me with the wanting more syndrome. I admit to the other reviewers saying that the overall quality has a bit, and I mean an ever so tiny bit, of a demoish feel to it.

But who cares! How lucky we are to have this final statement from the genius of Alan Gowen! In fact, it's down right eerie, the playing is still brightly executed, and the writing is hauntingly beautiful. I just love Mr. Gowen's body of work, and am moved every time I listen to this final musical summation.

Long live Alan Gowen, and thanks Alan for your kindly musical taste and exectution - lost in our times I'm afraid!

As always, thanks for listening fellow prog music searchers!

tmay102436 | 4/5 |