Ayreon - The Human Equation CD (album) cover

Blackwater Floyd
5 stars Spoiler warning!- if have not heard this record, do not read this review.

When i first heard the name Ayreon and that various famous prog artists participated throughout the records of Arjen Lucassen's project, i tought this might be good. This was my first Ayreon experience, and, to be frank, the first time I listened to it, I didn't think it was THAT good, so I played it one more time to see if it was just me, or the record was just not as good as other bands. It was just me, the record was amazing. This is Ayreon record (except from the part in the end...). It is about a guy who falls in a coma state and cannot wake-up, so he keeps arguing with his emotions, and remembering stuff from when he was young, that is until he brakes his shell and wakes up after 20 days of sleep. There's also the story about the wife of this man, and his best friend (who had an affair with the Wife). The album goes through a lot of song-styles such as mellow songs, jazzy ones, folk-metal, and symphonmic type of songs. It is an Ayreon must-have. thus my rating is 5/5.

So, Blackwater floyd, salutes you.

Blackwater Floyd | 5/5 |