Kraan - Berliner Ring CD (album) cover

BERLINER RING

Kraan

gr8dane
4 stars This package is made up of 7 studio recordings and 6 live ones. It was released at a time ,where we were waiting for a back from hiatus, new Kraan release. The studio recordings were leftovers that did not make it to the original albums.For leftover tracks they are really very good .Berliner ring is probably in my top 5 Kraan favorites.

I should say,(Which I forgot in my 2 Schallplatten review.).That on that, there were 3 unreleased tracks,which you can find on here also.Nice bonus.

The live tracks are special in the sense that they do not excist on any of the other live Kraan albums available. They were recorded at a time where it was pretty much as a Hellmut Hattler led Kraan only ,without the other original members.They are still very good and exciting because of the slight slant in the Kraan sound that you might expect.Eef's Tune and Nice Try as the standout tracks. 1 track were from the Kraan album called 'X' ,which was also made with Hattler as the only original. The live tracks are soundboard recordings ,with the exception of 2.Those 2 are of very good quality recording.

It was released on a Kraan label called Bassball recordings,which I think is distributed/sold from Hellmut Hatlers homepage.

So all in all.For a Kraan freak like myself it is a total must have.

I give it 4 *,but if it was poosible it should probably be rated 3 3/4 *.

gr8dane | 4/5 |