Harmonium - Si On Avait Besoin D'Une Cinquième Saison CD (album) cover

SI ON AVAIT BESOIN D'UNE CINQUIÈME SAISON

Harmonium

greetingsfrombergen
5 stars This albums first impression on me was a disappointing. Prog should not be elevator music. And inspired with romantic melodic themes, solely played with non-rythmical instruments, I would not concider it prog rock. Prog rock claims attention!

This be said, I eventually put the record back on the player, and focused more on the atmosphere it created. After a couple of heats, I started loving this akward music, feeling with the guitars, relating to the singers emotions, letting the deep and simple bumble bee-like bass guitar touch my heart. Despite some small musical flaws, and sometimes loosing the direction (last track); this is not about perfection but a cosy time with some musicians sitting in the room with you one late night playing their hearts out. A night where you want to be the last person going to bed! Even my wife likes this kind of prog... She gave me a good picture on the Dixie: Imagine a joyful man on an old bike, riding peacfully watching life around, maybe with a mustache, a beret on his head and a small picnic-basket in front of him.

For a really good and qualified review on this, please read the one from Fitzcarraldo.

greetingsfrombergen | 5/5 |