Kraan - Soul Of Stone  CD (album) cover

SOUL OF STONE

Kraan

gr8dane
4 stars 2nd and last of 3rd era Kraan.

Ingo Bishoff is still out and Joo Krauss is still in.Which means we get trumpet/synth Kraan instead of piano/synth Kraan.It is not necessary better of worse,but a nice refreshing touch in the Kraan sound.

On my cd we get 2 bonus tracks which are great.The first 3 tracks do nothing for me and could easily be absent.Joo sings on 2 of those and his voice does not cut it all.

Hattler and Wollbrandt each have 4 tracks here which are great,in the usual upbeat swing with a great groove,or with the nice dreamy atmosphere which are their trademarks.

I am not going into this track by track,but if this had been an album without the first 3 tracks substituted with the 2 bonus tracks ,this would have been a clear solid 4*.I will give it 4 here but should be rounded down to between 3 1/2 and 3,75 *s.

Ohh,what I should mention is,that World Of Pleasure is a love song (I think),which I believe is a first for Kraan.Nice one.

Unfortunately this was to be the end for now.Hattler and Joo Krauss formed the duo Tab Two,which was just Bass/synth/drum machine and trumpet.This project put out 6 or 7 cds plus a live double.All very enjoyable but never equalled Kraan.Not that they were trying.Just a new adventure which lasted until the end of the 80ies.Then the 4th era of Kraan would emerge with Ingo Bishoff back in the fold instead of Joo Krauss.

gr8dane | 4/5 |