Automatic Fine Tuning - A.F.T. CD (album) cover

Automatic Fine Tuning

3 stars Found this LP in a record store,4 bucks,couple of weeks ago.Read about A.F.T. on this site,never heard of them before,I was also atracted by Charisma label,one of the best in prog circles.Music have pretty raw fell,like it was recorded live in studio in just one take,basicaly one 40 plus minutes jam.Unlike other reviewers,I don't see much metal here,save for the gothic feel due to classical lines,which they are base of this unusual record.Smokin' guitars are highlihted by fiery drumming,but record lacks clearer bass lines,they're just somehow lost in the mix.Still,very enjoyable piece of mid 70's fusion,kinda reminds me of High Tide.3 1/2 stars.
ljubaspriest | 3/5 |