Alusa Fallax - Intorno Alla Mia Cattiva Educazione CD (album) cover

Alusa Fallax

Rock Progressivo Italiano

2 stars I ordered this from Doug Larson after seeing the glowing reviews on this site. I've been a big fan of Italian prog since the early 70's, have been a musician since the mid-60's, and have been composing experimental electronic music for more than 25 years. When I listen to music, I'm sitting directly between the speakers, or wear headphones. So, when I hear an album that is poorly recorded, produced, or mixed, it becomes obvious immediately. This album is not a classic. There ARE some good musicians in the band. I felt that the album was poorly recorded (most instruments are in mono, placed in the left, center, or right). The drums often sound like cardboard boxes. There are a couple of edits that chop off the ends of notes. The music is short on melody and long on noodling. I'm sure that a larger recording budget would have resulted in a significantly better finished product, but that's a moot point. I just don't have room in my collection for an "okay" album, and I suspect that these guys were in "jump on the bandwagon" mode. I don't think they were inspired by any muse. Even the album cover looks like a quickie job. So there. I can only get a few bucks for this (when I sell it), so I'm spouting off to get my lost money's worth.
soundsweird | 2/5 |