Grobschnitt - Rockpommel's Land  CD (album) cover

3 stars 3.5 stars really.

This album musically sometimes sounds like Yes, but not as strong. The band obviously admires Yes and tried to produce something similar. There is enough originality here so it does not feel like a copycat band. The singing is in slightly German accented English. Not as badly accented as Eloy but it still reminds of me Eloy a little. I find the best tracks to be the opener 'Ernie's Reise' and the bonus track 'Tontillon'. The long title track doesn't do that much for me. There are some definite good points to this album, but I just don't find it has enough excellence to warrant 4 stars.

digdug | 3/5 |