Tr3nity - The Cold Light of Darkness CD (album) cover

5 stars After re-visiting Precious seconds, I realised that I had bought BUT NEVER LISTENED TO, The Cold Light of Darkness (Thats what you get when you order dozens of CD's in a period, and get hooked on a specific few, you just forget some purchases). Anyway, I listened tonight and was very pleasantly suprised, this is a hidden gem, a neat exercise in progressive rock, with long tracks and lucious and varied synth sounds. Excellent guitar solos and one VERY FLOYDIAN track (Track 4, which way). I reckon you'll either hate the vocals or like them, I like em, but I think this CD is a very good addition to any collector who is into YES,GENESIS and FLOYD, the band are obviously very influenced by the three giants of symphonic progressive rock, and I reckon this CD stands alongside a lot of contemporary bands trying to produce quality into the the new millennia. I am going to give this a FIVE, too even things up againm it deserves a FOUR anyway....
M27Barney | 5/5 |