Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere... CD (album) cover

ARRIVING SOMEWHERE...

Porcupine Tree

Menswear
4 stars Cold but professional.

We can't accuse Wilson of over-acting; he's pretty stoic when it comes to giving a performance. But Porcupine Tree is not Rush nor Arena, so we couldn't ask them to as other could do it. But what a flawless performance, I dare you arguing with me.

Just because they're are what they are does not mean that you won't have a good time. Why not? Most of your favorite songs are there and they're done with such panache and grace. While looking at them playing I thought many times:Man, this looks easy. Look at them! Hey, maybe I could drum like that!' The thing is, we realize fully in this DVD how good the guys are (especially Gavin Harrison). I cannot play like Harrison, but they make it look like a cakewalk on easy street.

Cold? Yes. Moody? Kinda. Darkish? You to judge. Entertaining? Oh yeah.

Menswear | 4/5 |