Fond Of Tigers - Release The Saviours CD (album) cover

Fond Of Tigers

4 stars Absolutely delightful surprise!Purchased this disc at half-price at local store.Knowing nothing about the band,never heard of them before,I wasn't expecting much despite the description from a sticker on a disc describing album to be some sort of progressive rock weirdness heavily jazzed with a punkish energy!?Did not make much sense to me 'till I gave it a spun,it really sounded as described and so much more.Heavily mixed styles incorporating jazz,prog,ambient and RIO in some sort of organized chaos played with relentless punk attitude is the best description I can come up with.Largely improvised,music leaves no stones unturned,save for last two songs(?)on album which incorporate most weird sound collages of bands like Faust or This heat.Very strong effort by Vancouver band made with assistance of the Canada music fund and the music section of the Canada coucil for the arts.Now,this is where I like to see my tax money spent.Quality art,this one is,no doubt about it,worth checking it out!
ljubaspriest | 4/5 |