Siena Root - A Dream Of Lasting Peace CD (album) cover

Siena Root

4 stars I was surprised to find this band under Heavy Prog, I'd rather say this band plays psychedelic rock.

The band plays 70's influenced bluesy psychrock with lots of organ, bluesriffs and great vocals. The songs are short and full of hooks. Kind of sounds like Clutch, Kamchatka, Spiritual Beggars, Five Horse Johnson and the likes.

For the people who don't know those bands, here are some old bands they draw influence from: Cream, Blind Faith, Led Zeppelin, Humble Pie, etc.

Not really progressive rock, not at all, but bluesy stonerrock, which I find really great, but maybe not everybody's cup- of-tea, because it's rather straight forward.

Kingsnake | 4/5 |