Symphony X - Paradise Lost CD (album) cover

PARADISE LOST

Symphony X

Arnold
3 stars Paradise Lost is the latest album by Symphont X and was realesed five years after their last effort The Odyssey. The sound is familiar, but it's a bit darker then earlier.

Paradise Lost starts good with the intro Oculus Ex Inferni, which reminds me of some pieces on V: The New Mythology Suite. Set The World On Fire and Damnation just passes by, even though they aren't bad songs. The Serpent's Kiss has an amazing guitar riff and Russell Allen once again strikes me with his amazing voice! Paradise Lost isn't bad either, but just very predictable (as this album mostly are). The Walls Of Babylon has a nice intro and is one of the better tracks on Paradise Lost. My personal favourit is the last track Revelation (Together with the intro Oculus Ex Inferni)

Paradise Lost is an Symphony X album where I miss the classical music and the choirs that creates the great atmosphere Symphony X usually has. It's more powermetal and less classical/progressive music here than before. I must say that I had expected more after five years.

Rate: 3+