Wastefall - Soulrain 21 CD (album) cover

3 stars Wastefall is a very interesting band in my opinion. What often bothers me with smaller, pretty unkown bands, is that the singer very often is to poor to make it worth listening (actually i belive this is a common problem for all progressive music.) Well... Wastefall does not have this problem. Domenik Papaemmanouil is an excellent singer and reminds me a bit of Daniel Gildenl÷w from Pain Of Salvation. Actually Wastefall is kind of a Pain Of Salvation imitating band. But they do it pretty good with a bit heavier sound. The production is poor (listen at 3:40 on Lesser for example.) To sum up this is a pretty good album from a band with potential and a good singer. I hope to see more from them in the future!

Best tracks: Empty Heaven, Lesser, Self Extinction Project and Riot of Oblivion