Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness CD (album) cover

Green Carnation

Experimental/Post Metal

3 stars When I first heard this album, I had probably higher expectations. Based on the very positive comments, comparing this album to an opera, I expected impressive melody complexity, with outstanding vocals etc...

Melodies are however a bit poor, repetitive, and singers have nothing special to show.

This comment should be understood in its context: I am not a fan of post- styles, such as post-metal. I could say the same thing about almost all top-rated album of this sub category of prog rock. So if you like the melancholic tone, the sound of metal guitar used as texture and not expecting complex melodies, you will probably love this album.

gabnat | 3/5 |