King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon CD (album) cover

King Crimson

4 stars What's all this about follow-up album and carbon copy of ItcotCK? As far as I was concerned Lizard was their second album. I bought my first two KC album's in 1979 and they were ItcotCK and Lizard, the first album from 1969 and the latter from 1970, two consecutive years. So I assumed Lizard was the follow- up and I must say it has always been a personal favourite of mine with all its jazzy influences, even after I had collected all of KC's albums. I found out about ItwoP much later and it made me realize how prolific these guys were in those days. Three albums within only two years, despite of line-up problems! Looking back now at ItwoP I see it as a transitional album, reminiscent of both ItcotCK and Lizard. But not bad at all! A straightforward four star album.

LakesideRitchie | 4/5 |