Tempus Fugit - The Dawn After The Storm CD (album) cover

THE DAWN AFTER THE STORM

Tempus Fugit

Mellotron Storm
4 stars A definite improvement over their debut. The bass has really been magnified on this one, it's even growly at times. And the guitar takes on a greater role. The Neo flavour from the debut is gone, what we have here is Symphonic Rock with lots of pleasant CAMEL-like passages as well.

"Daydream" opens powerfully and the guitar sounds fantastic. The bass is deep. It settles before 1 1/2 minutes with piano coming in around 3 minutes. It gets fuller 3 1/2 minutes in and the guitar takes the lead a minute later. The bass is again prominant. Synths 7 minutes in. "The Dawn After The Storm" is spacey with thunder for over 2 minutes. Nice. Then synths, bass and drums lead the way .Guitar before 4 minutes. Drums and a heavier sound before 6 minutes. Great sound. Organ 7 minutes in. "Never" features vocals for the first time on this record. Lots of synths in this beautiful and emotional track. The guitar before 3 minutes reminds me of Hackett. The instrumental interlude is pure bliss. Gorgeous. Vocals return 5 minutes in as the guitar shines. "Tocando Voce" has some intricate acoustic guitar early before a change 2 minutes in as a fuller but relaxed soundscape takes over. The guitar soars after 4 minutes.

"The Fortress" opens with some beautiful piano melodies followed by some outstanding guitar. A calm with synths continues until the tempo picks back up. "Preludio De Sevila" is 2 minutes of Spanish guitar melodies. "The Sight" featuires these sweeping synths early. Vocals and guitar follow. Nice. "O Dom De Voar" is a light and pleasant song with some guest flute. "Discover" opens with some mandolin as guest vocals arrive. Drums and a fuller sound 2 1/2 minutes in. Chunky bass 4 1/2 minutes in and a more passionate sound. The tempo picks up a minute later as they rock out.

If your going to get a TEMPUS FUGIT album I would recommend this one the most. A solid 4 stars. I like the cover art as well. It reminds me of when I am listening to music while I drive.

Mellotron Storm | 4/5 |