Armando Tirelli - El Profeta CD (album) cover

Armando Tirelli

5 stars I associate South american progressive rock with Argentinian prog groups primarily. However, in my opinion, El Profeta is the best South american prog album. It is conceptual symphonic prog album. It is Latin american answer on slavic creation Indexi - Modra Rijeka that released in the same year, but on my sight, this album have been more brightful and colourful than Modra Rijeka. Still this album reminds me well known creation of Jeff Wayne - The War of the Worlds that released in the same year too. The War of the Worlds is conceptual album too, but noticeably less valuable than El Profeta. There are not different complex symphonic prog passages but beautiful keyboards and accompanying Armando Tirelli's drama prophetical monologues are admire to me. I think that the roots of this album are situated in Italian Prog but correctly to compare one with spanish prog colours on vocals because the lyrics is very important here. However, I give it five stars and highly recommended for all prog fans.
terr83 | 5/5 |