Jon & Vangelis - The Friends of Mr. Cairo CD (album) cover

Jon & Vangelis

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
1 stars Welcome to www.synthpoparchives.com

This is a very good example of the kind of music I don't like! The drum machines, the programmed keyboard patterns, the cheesy synth-pop sounds, the cheesy movie samples. Not my cup of tea!

The songs Beside, Mayflower and Outside Of This are not horrible, however. But two or three listenable songs cannot save this album from the abyss of utter mediocrity.

This is easily the worst Yes related album I have ever heard (and I have heard most of them). Even Yes' 90125, Jon Anderson's Song Of Seven and Rick Wakeman's 80's albums are great compared to this. And Asia's early albums are masterpieces compared to this!

Fans of progressive rock, stay away from this one on pain of death!

SouthSideoftheSky | 1/5 |