Metallica - Ride The Lightning CD (album) cover

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Metallica

ProgBagel
4 stars Metallica - 'Ride the Lightning' 4 stars

I'm not a fan of Metallica, it just isn't my style, but when I listen to them it is a pretty good experience.

'Kill 'Em All' was a complete onslaught of metal, raw, fast and heavy. I loved the progression that didn't take any time at all by the time this album came out. The songs get longer, more complex and varied. The only song I wasn't too fond of was 'Escape', but the rest are pretty good. The most important song on here is 'Fade to Black'. James Hetfield still uses his grunty voice, but the music behind it on the acoustic guitar is so beautiful that it all sounds so perfect. This eventually builds up into a heavy chorus and even a whole other section to close out the track, giving this a definite proggy nature.

The other lengthy track included the highly praised 'Call of Ktulu', 'Creeping Death' and 'Ride the Lightning', which each had their own merits. 'From who the Bell Tolls' created a riff, although simple, would be recognizable to anyone that has crossed this band before. Like 'From who the Bells Toll's, Metallica's 'Ride the Lightning' album will be remembered also. An excellent purchase for a Metallica album.

ProgBagel | 4/5 |