Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom CD (album) cover

Robert Wyatt

Canterbury Scene

Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Even though I´m not a fan of, or even know a lot about, the Canterbury scene, I do understand some works transcend the limits of a genre. And this is one of them. The sheer power of the music makes you enjoy and listen to this album. Ok, it is not easy listening in any way, you have to pay atention, but once you do, you´re hooked. That´s what I feel about Rock Bottom. The music is sometimes strange, too jazzy for my taste, but still it captivates me. That´s the best sign of an excellent prog CD.

Can´t say much more about it. Musicanship is excellent, as usual, especially if you take a look at the all star group of people who plays on the record (Mike Oldfield, among others). Production is ok for the time. The music is that really counts, I guess. Every prog fan should listen to this CD with an open mind. It is well worth the efford. Four stars at least.

Tarcisio Moura | 4/5 |