Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge CD (album) cover

VANILLA FUDGE

Vanilla Fudge

Proto-Prog

ghost_of_morphy
2 stars There are many albums that time has not served well. Vanilla Fudge's debut is included in that group.

Hey, I'm all for taking pop songs and twisting them. That's what this album is all about and I'm in favor of it. Heck, they even twist one of my top five favorite songs ever, Ticket to Ride. (Even on a bad day, that's the one I sing second most.) But my point is, Vanilla Fudge doesn't ADD anything. Ok they aren't bad and they don't make the songs much worse, but the point is to improve and give a different perspective and they mostly miss that.

So it's an ok album but originality and appeal is seriously lacking. I hate to be harsh here, but this is giving me a two star vibe. Sorry. But if you want GOOD music along this line, find H. P. Lovecraft's debut album.

ghost_of_morphy | 2/5 |